In preparation for the big day I did a little birthday shopping today... and as I watched the UT vs. LSU baseball game I wrapped a few presents! Most of you know this about me, but in case you don't... I LOVE PRESENTS! I love buying presents... wrapping presents... giving presents... and especially opening presents!!
Monday, June 22, 2009
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
I know... 2 posts in 1 day... lucky for you it's summer and my husband is out of town!
My brother sent a few updated pictures of Cal, so I thought I would share them with you! He is 2 months old already! Brooke, Bo and Cal are making a trip to Texas at the end of July and the Srps are super anxious to see them and hug our nephew!
Brooke and her twin sister talking via Web-cam with their baby boys... born just 3 weeks apart! The world of technology is truly amazing!!
We spent last weekend celebrating the marriage of Melissa Minahan and Conrad Srp! The wedding was held at "The Family Roost," which is the most beautiful piece of land in Boerne! Melissa's family owns the property and her dad spent the last 6 months creating the perfect setting for a wedding! Everything was gorgeous! Conrad and Melissa have been together for 7 years, so it was very exciting to see them finally get married!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
I am way over due on a post. Holy cow has it really been almost 2 months since I last wrote!?!? It's a good thing there is no "late fee" or else my bank account would be in the red for sure! Sorry blogging world!
Let's play catch up...
10. Baby Cal was born on April 15.... oh wait... you already know this and have been reminded every time you checked my blog over the last 2 months because that is the last thing I wrote about!
9. Katherine came to Boerne! It was so fun spending a whole weekend with her showing off my new town! The Lord has blessed me with a very special friend in Miss Ambrose and I was reminded of how much I miss her!
8. I had the joy of learning that the end of school in Grammar (elementary) school is VERY different from middle school. Talk about BUSY!! Lots of parties, ceremonies, celebrations and events... all of which were fabulous and often brought tears to my eyes! I loved my class this year and must admit that I miss seeing them each day!
7. It's summer! I have officially slept in and watched an embarrassing amount of T.V. Matt, Meredith, Al and Anne are daily friends again! "It all starts with TODAY!"
6. My sister and I kicked off the summer with a fresh coat of paint on the walls of my living room, breakfast nook and dining room! It was a project to say the least but we learned a little about lighting and colors in the process! I love the light blue/green "Mountain Haze"... it really brightened up the rooms! I'll post some pics soon!
5. Michael has been traveling ALOT for work. I am so thankful for all of his hard work and dedication to providing for our family! I am proud of him for taking on the Wal-Mart remodel account... it hasn't been easy but he rarely complains! Thanks babe!
4. My mom came to Boerne last week to help my sister find a place to live and to take care of me while Michael was gone. I LOVE it when she comes to my town and stays with me!!
3. I went to the San Antonio Zoo with my sister-in-law Tracey and my niece Hannah. Our friend Lindsey and her babies Truitt and Torin joined us for a day of fun! We went early in the day to avoid the heat and crowds... it was a good idea! My favorite animal was the hippo... it was HUGE!
2. Emerson and I have had some quality bonding time lately. When Michael is out of town he sleeps under the covers next to my legs... my little body guard! Even though he is just an orange fluffy cat... he makes me feel safe when I'm home alone!
1. Michael's cousin Conrad Srp is getting married to the most precious girl named Melissa this weekend! We are SO EXCITED for them and can't wait to witness the blessing of marriage! Melissa will soon have the joy of having a very strange last name... not a day goes by that I don't have someone comment about the name Srp!
Whoo... it feels good to catch up! I promise not to be MIA any more...