Thursday, August 18, 2011

Naps

I love naps.

I wish Crockett loved naps.

Crockett doesn't hate them, he is just inconsistent.

Crockett takes a morning nap in his crib. It used to be for 2 hours. Today 45 minutes.

Crockett takes an afternoon nap in the car for at least an hour. I drive or read.

I hate the car habit.

I dream of writing a blog post that gives a detailed description of Crockett's nap schedule. 2 hours in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon.

I pray about my nap schedule obsession all the time.

I pray for wisdom, patience and an open mind.

I have read Baby Wise and Healthy Sleep Habits Happy Child. Enjoyed both. Have a fabulous night time sleeper as a result of the wisdom in these two books.

I talked to a wise friend with 3 kids today and have a plan of attack for tomorrow...

We are staying home all day and Crockett will go down for a nap after an hour to an hour and a half of wake time.

I am hopeful.

3 comments:

  1. Please keep us posted! Davis is still taking multiple naps a day, most of them in his swing, so I am confident we will have trouble down the road when he is taking only 2 naps...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, Christian. I followed the Healthy Sleep book to the letter, and I thought it was really, really helpful. I think I just didn't realize how little they should be awake at first. We found that there was a lot of hard work- I called it nap camp, but it has paid off and made life super easy now. I hope it works for you too! He is such a doll!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes! Decreasing wake time was KEY for us! It feels so weird to put them down that quick but it worked. :) Give it some time though and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete