Sunday, July 12, 2009

While He's Away...

Since Michael has been traveling so much for work lately, I have been filling my time with friends and family. I spent 5 days in Austin last week helping my parents clean out all of my old stuff. They put their house on the market this week, so we had to clean out and stage my sister and my bedrooms. After 4 days of cleaning out, reminiscing, sweating, and repainting the final product was amazing! Rumor has it there maybe a contract in the works! 

We took a few breaks to get a snack from Yogurt Planet... the do-it-yourself yogurt place... you can fill your cup up with as many flavors and toppings as you like and then you place it on the scale and pay per oz. I filled mine with a little peanut butter yogurt and mostly vanilla with fresh strawberries... yummy!! 


I have also had the privilege of hanging out with my precious niece Hannah. My mother in law usually watches her 3 days a week, but she is in Hawaii visiting her sister... so Auntie Christian is filling in! We went to music class at Gymboree, bought a new baby doll at Target, gave the new baby a bath and have been to the park a couple of times. Here are a few pictures...

On our way to Gymboree... Hannah's first time to ride in Auntie Christian's car

Walking to the park... Hannah picked the "lello" flowers for her mommy!

Speaking of bath time... every night I take a bath and read before I go to bed. Emerson usually hops up on the side of the bath tub and falls asleep on the ledge while I'm soaking. The other night he laid down and placed his head on my shoulder... it was simply precious! He is a cuddle bug and makes you feel so loved! I took a picture with my phone because I wanted Mike to see how cute Emerson was being while he was gone... I know it's a little strange but I thought I would show you so I could brag on my kitty!
The last adventure for this post... my friend Lindsey asked me to meet her at this super cute store called Bitter Creek Designs today. It's a bead store that you can select your beads and create your own necklace. I was overwhelmed with all of the amazing beads... of course I went with my usual of turquoise but I think it turned out great... I can't wait to wear it!! Thanks Lindsey for the fun date! Let's do it again soon!

1 comment:

  1. You must be related to Jeff Srp. If you are tell Jeff Ceil Wintrs the recruiter said hello. I live at Canyon Lake TX.
    Ceil and Carl Winters
    Love your family blog.

    ReplyDelete