Thursday, April 9, 2009

Growing Up

Michael and I have made the comment, "you know you are getting old when..." a lot lately. Here are a few that top our list:

You know you are getting old when... 

5. You eat dinner before 6:00 and staying up late is past 10:00

4. You (Michael) listen to talk radio

3. You grunt or fart on accident

2. You are excited about spending all day on Saturday working in the yard

1. You (Christian) have a colonoscopy!

It's true... at 26 years old, I had a colonoscopy. Thankfully, everything went well during the procedure. The "prep" the day before was by far the worst part! I had to drink 3 of the 4 liters of TriLyte (hell in liquid form) before I was "clear". I do not remember any of the procedure or the 4 hours after. Michael says that I was very entertaining and asked the same question over and over... "why are you laughing at me?" I can only imagine what else I asked him that was making him laugh so much! The good news is that the doctor did not find anything alarming and will go over the details on my follow up appointment next week. Thank you to everyone that was praying for my procedure.

3 comments:

  1. This is Mike writing and this is our conversation for the first hour:
    "she has long blonde hair and pale skin"....."we need to calll may mom"......"have you seen the doctor? she has long blonde hair and pale skin, and a round face"....."can I have your phone? I need to call my mom"....."I really already called her? No I didn't, I don't believe you. Let me have your phone and call her so I can make sure". Then repeat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha I totally feel you on the getting old thing... and if it makes you feel better, I had a colonoscopy when I was only 23!! And I will agree with you that the prep the day before was HORRIBLE. That stuff is NASTY. Glad it went well though and hope everything is ok :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, for someone who is about to or just had a colonoscopy, you could be a cover model for hospital gowns. Sorry you had to go thru it, although sounds like Mike got some laughs out of it! Glad the report went well!

    ReplyDelete