Sunday, February 12, 2012

Birthday Invitation

Thanks to Pinterest, I was inspired to do a picture invitation for Crockett's 1st birthday party. He is usually pretty good at sitting and looking at the camera so I was hopeful. 


My inspiration came from photos like these...

Here is the invitation that we sent out. It was mounted on navy blue card stock and mailed in a kelly green envelope. 

I was beyond THRILLED that it worked. We actually got a picture of him with the party hat and tie on, balloons in the back ground and Crockett is smiling... to top it off he is LOOKING at the camera! 

How did we do it? I'm not sure... but I do know that my husband is a really good sport. He did some silly dancing and voices behind me. He is a fabulous assistant! 

The invitation picture is misleading though. Crockett was not giggly and smiling the whole time. In fact he was not very excited with this little adventure. 


It started off good... then I remembered that we left the party hat in the car. 

"Wait. Y'all want me to smile? How about a blank stare?"

"Or, what if I sing?"

I have about 10 shots just like this... Daddy was consoling Crockett while I worked on the lighting. 

"What is with the neck tie mom? Enough already, take it OFF!"

"Dear God, Please let this end soon!"

"I am miserable! Please make it STOP!"



By this point... we gave up and decided to try again another day. 


As we walked back to the car I was super bummed. Then I thought maybe we can try one more time. The light had changed and the wind had died down. 


Guess what? This was the first and last one! Success!


As we drove back to the house I was a giddy mommy! It worked! We had the perfect picture for the invitation!! Crockett was pumped because we were done, Daddy was pumped because we were done, and I was pumped because my vision was coming true! 


I have been a busy little bee crafting and preparing for our neck tie themed party in a few weeks. If you know me, you know that I LOVE LOVE LOVE birthdays and presents. I cannot wait to celebrate his big day!

1 comment:

  1. Good work! And glad you got the perfect smiling pic at the end, though the crying pics would have been just as cute :)

    ReplyDelete